- This event has passed.
30 June @ 18:00 – 19:30 CEST
Artificial intelligence techniques are increasingly present in all scientific fields, and have driven great progress in recent years, becoming indispensable tools.
At the Rafael del Pino Scientists Club we want to promote innovation, leadership and social commitment among Spanish researchers. Therefore, we want to bring together the community doing research in artificial intelligence related topics. With this event we want to inaugurate this group with an exceptional speaker: Prof. Antonio Torralba*, an eminence in artificial intelligence who will speak to us about the past, present and future of the field. Some of the topics that we will cover are the following:
- What have been the most important recent breakthroughs in computer vision?
- What is the current state of the field?
- What is your vision for the future of the field?
- What have been your biggest personal successes and failures?
After the keynote talk, we will have the opportunity to connect with other young Spaniards with similar research interests in smaller rooms facilitated by members of the Rafael del Pino Scientists Club. This event marks the beginning of a series of events focused on new advances in this field as well as a communication channel for Spanish professionals working in these areas.
* Antonio Torralba is a Professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He is currently the head of artificial intelligence in the department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, a researcher at CSAIL, and a member of the Center for Brains, Minds, and Machines. His research focuses primarily on the areas of computer vision, machine learning, and human visual perception, aiming to build systems that can perceive the world like humans do.